I have a fellow Nuffield Scholar from Ontario who is working on a film project with a Gemini award nominated producer/director based out of Montreal and they are looking for farmers from across Canada to participate. The themes they intend to cover in the film are:
1) The challenge to hold onto the family farm
2) Farm succession and new farmers
3) Sustainable agriculture (not necessarily certified organic)
4) Large scale farming (big cash crop operations out west)
5) Immigrant farmers (Dutch or German)
6) Canada and the world (imports and exports)
For each of the themes, we are looking for one or two farm families that capture the real-life of working and farming in the themes mentioned above.
In order to make the cut for our cast of farmers, we're looking for farmers that have a bit of colour, will welcome a film crew onto their farms and into their lives, and who can offer captivating visuals for the cinematographer.
Contact Sarah Megans at email@example.com or by phone at 519803 7428 if you are interested or know of someone who fits the profile.