• Managing the 70%! Abiotic Stress

    Steve Larocque - February 26, 2015

    Every year, roughly 70% of our yield potential is lost due to abiotic stress. Yes, 70%! Abiotic stresses include a combination of wind, cold, dry, hot, wet, frost, soil, dust and nutrients just to name a few. The remaining 30% of our yield potential is lost through biotic stresses like weeds, insects and diseases. We focus almost 100% of our time, money and resources obsessing over the 30% while ignoring the 70%. I would say it’s time for a revolution.

    Source: Wolfgang Thielert  PhD - Bayer CropScience

Post a Comment



Your Comments